In pursuit of....... Success

This part of my life...is called success

I have been wondering many times over the meaning of this word called success ( i even check the spelling everytime i write it). So many times it gets to me to be the most successful person, just to ask myself....what is successful....to be the best..to be the winner....but best winner are all relative to what we are doing...i can bet on it many friends of mine will pull my leg over this statement considering that i see so many things relative (except for relatives).
But what striked me today while watching " Pursuit of Happiness" a will smith movie was dfferent.
I was watchin the movie the second time with my parents but yeah....it did give me a different perspective....i run across success....to know what it is and how to gain it...and i guess everyone does,....but i failed to see the success of my parents till date...

My parents, both of them ....as i see it now have been extreemely sucessful....successful in making their dreams come true....

it must be some 23 years back when they were removed from their house....both were stranded...they struggled every bit of their survival ...but never gave up...no they arent national heroes to be put up on news channels ...but what they have acheived together so far....is remarkable....

Mom .....grown up in a business family with grandad (unfortunately whom i was never able to meet)) being a business man.....nani never wrked ....But mom stood on her feet.....entered teaching proffession....then got married to dad....but with that came a family which was not so rich ....with not so much respect towards education....but she survived...
even when growing us up with her job situated in a very remote place....she survived... And she made sure that her kids knew what survival was ....she disciplined us...especially me in a very required manner...perhaps thats what makes me what i am today...

Dad....grown up in a family where he was the most hard wrking and he is till date...he even had a time when he had to feed his family(before marriage)....but he didnt give up....his wasnt a rich family....but surely was a biiiig family....
but he lived with a dream....i somehow find that dad is where i get my ability to dream......he dreamt of constructing a building ....a home...becoz he didnt have one for himself...so he wanted his very own home....he did it...the very buidling we live in today was made by dad's sweat...he dreamt of having his own house in the village.....he did it,....he proved that he can do it ....he is the one who takes challenges and proves that they are possible...
If u see from his job perspective he had a govt job....but his dedication showed the never say die attitude....thats again where i got mine from....
Dad wanted to be a lawyer....and today after retirement he is one....again his child hood dream....and he did it....i respect him the most for that...

Writng about my parents i can fill up pages....but what i see today is that both of them have a family that is more or less stable..they are leading a comfortable life..apart from lifes own problems......their kids are well off....myself studying in NID and my sister as a manager....they must be so proud...
whatever they could do for both of us they did....but also lived their own dreams....

its not just motivational films or dialogs that should make the difference....i guess...i need to see my parents when i am down....because...if i think someone is success ful....they are the one....now this is no karan johar film ..ending with..."its all about loving your parents" but....its something which i observed...and i am proud and lucky to be a part of my family....
its this what my mom and dad have acheived....i guess its only called "Success" ( i hope i spelt it right)

Comments

Prisha said…
Perfect interpretation of success.

Popular posts from this blog

Young Designer....finally

Singing my own tune

Reboot - Restart