Changing times...

Change is an eternal part of the universe and running away from it doesnt fetch much benefit to the success of life. But at the same time we all are naturally tuned to avert change and get into comfort boxes. It then becomes our duty to consciously fight through our natural inertia and force ourselves out to newer horizons which wait for us to help us prove our potential beyond the usual.  Perhaps thats what human kind has done over the years and hence we have unleashed innumerable potentials to do things which were otherwise considered impossible or beyond human capacity.
So why the philosophical start to the entry...well wanted to share a thought which has been long lingering in my brain and perhaps over which i acted recently and successfully moved on. Yes i no more work for IBM, after 2+ years of impacting IBM's intranet and ibm.com i decided to move on. IBM was a great learning which perhaps i will never forget, and i dont say this because i have to... but perhaps there are many things which the organization taught me, i was never a part of such massive organization before and hence its structure and workings were a learning for me. It also gave me a change to be truly global in one way, since communicating with individuals from across the planet was a rich experience. I saw passionate people, clumsy people, dedicated people, cribbing people and perhaps all kinds of people and each one did help me understand the dos and don'ts towards success in life in their own way.

Some time back IBM gave me a High Flyer Award...which was in the form of a small metallic plane. ( in picture) little did i know i would be so impressed by the idea of flying that i will end up joining a company and domain that deals with aerospace. Well yes i am now a Sr. Designer at Honeywell Technologies Limited in the aerospace department. Why the change? and why into such a different domain? Well to all those who ask me this question the first thought that goes in my head is ...Why not? When i shifted from Engineering to Design and got into National Institute of Design, everybody had the same question. To tell you frankly. I was looking for a new challenge in life. Didn't want to linger in my comfort zone and feel this is it. sometimes i have a tendency towards getting into things i am not aware at all...gives me the scope of learning about it. But also particularly i wanted to get into something more impact full w.r.t. to software Design. The software i design or create need not just be used for the sake of fun or addition of joy element, but rather be something which impacts the world via users efforts towards say work. I saw this opportunity in aerospace since software or any other equipment here would be critical in nature. Which makes me design in a more meticulous manner and hence learn more things which i may neglect otherwise. Also what i see is the scope for research and future inclusion of myself in contribution to research areas.

So after much contemplation and pushing the static inertia of myself towards the comfort zone i had built in IBM, i chose to move on.. Here i am now in a new world with new people around me but yes it surely is a challenge never the less. With all the new jargon of aerospace its a steep climb. But in the end its how i take it and face it will matter and perhaps that's what i was anyways looking for. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Young Designer....finally

Singing my own tune

Reboot - Restart