Turning 30


Its been long since i wrote something in this space and as i see the frequency of my updates has gone down too....and trust me there is lots to share but no time.

Ever since i have moved on to a new organization life has been in the fast lane. And with that there are loads of other things coming between me and my expression via words...but having said that because of non availability most of my writing has become traditional pen and paper.

So whats been happening...firstly as the title says...i have turned 30...its one of those times when u feel you are now an official adult and yet somewhere deep down inside your heart doesnt want to believe in it. 3 decades are a lot of time i guess...but this 30th birthday of mine was pretty fascinating. Firstly i didnt celebrate it in India...i was far far away...neither did i celebrate it with any of my loved ones...they were far far away..and probably sleeping. Thats because i was in the land of opportunities called USA. It had been a long time dream to be in US meeting my friends and experiencing the life of the much talked about country of this world. Luckily work took me there and that too for a month long.

And just to rewind a bit from the birthday to when i arrived in US. I was sent to Sarasota a small city in Florida down south of US. Hot and humid with rain the place was almost like Mumbai. But one of the most fascinating parts of the shore city was its sunsets and evening skies...something i cannot forget all my life. Perhaps god had his plans to make me happy in a very different way. Sometimes gifts are not about the value but how they make you feel and who better than god to understand this.

The month in US went along pretty fast and with lots of work...but i did take some time off and go to NYC and Washington DC. The euphoria of Times Square cannot be described in blog entries like these..it surely is an experience worth taking once in lifetime. And so is the pride of DC. which is clearly reflected in its monuments. The Smithsonian museums are an experiential package that shows how exhibition design reaches its epitome. And finally the frenzy of NYC as a whole, be it walking down the streets or partying all night, you see a mixture of cultures castes and traditions...no wonder its called a world city...it has the glitz the glam and the heart to welcome everyone.
I also happened to catch a Broadway show...and that too Phantom of the Opera...which has music that hypnotizes the mind...Broadway is the mecca of musicals and i am happy to have witnessed it in person.

Work went on for a month boiling down to my 30th birthday on which i was working too...and what better than to not have anyone know around you that its your birthday. Not to cut a cake not to blow candles but just sit across a street looking at the sunset and re-living the rollercoaster that life has been...and in my case i surely will say...thank you god...for being there...and making me realize...if its not the best its not the end...its just a journey to reach there...

P.S.: For some visual journey of my US trip...check out my flickr album here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Young Designer....finally

Reboot - Restart

Singing my own tune