Back to blogging..as a Father

Its been a really long time since i last blogged. For those of you wondering where did i vanish let me tell you i was busy falling in love with a beautiful angel called JIA. I am a father now and personal time has been a rare entity for me. Not that i am complaining, but any change in life takes its toll on your reality. For the pleasant change of my life it was really a transition for me to adapt a very different role in life.

On 24th July 2016 something beautiful arrived in my life. We named her Jia. The problem with our society is that very rarely do fathers talk about fatherhood. So infact when all this was happening no one sat me down and told me about the roller coaster ride coming up ahead. Fatherhood as i am learning one day at a time has a sense of responsibility mixed with dash of emotions which never existed in your system in the first place. And by saying that i am not diminishing the super important role of mothers. Its just that one tends to be more expressive than the other.

Any change for me generally takes time to adapt and perhaps this change is a life long one. To be honest during the first few months i was just an observer in amazement looking at the little one do magical things. But that feeling of fatherhood started when jia started responding to me. Responding with facial expressions. When she held my hand and started looking at me with starry eyes...that moment when i felt the connection like never before.
Ofcourse other than the happy happy part there are the pains you have to take when you are a parent. Few realizations for me have been around things which i took for granted. Like sleeping, as adults we take for granted the whole process of sleeping. When its night we just lie down on our beds and we are fast asleep. But when you are a kid you have to learn to sleep. The energy levels of all infants and toddlers is extreemly high...it takes a lot of efforts to calm their senses down and make them rest.
The first time i made Jia sleep on my shoulder was almost a feeling mixed with victory and satisfaction. And as i get better at it, and do it even now when she is 2+ years the feeling still remains the same.

Another element that adds to the fatherhood feeling is when your kid starts communicating with you...all the mischief and broken commands are so much fun. Its almost like i got someone to play with after long. And yes dont underestimate the power of those kiddish games which as an adult you had masked out of your lives. Play is so much important to human mind as it de-stresses your much tired body. Talking about tiredness...fatherhood has taught me..the limits of my body...although corporates did try to get the most out of me as a workoholic...but yes when it comes to fatherhood you need super human strength. And no amounts of supplements or excercise can get you that...its all within you...you just need to tap it. And i write this as i sit at home on a sick leave, but with a time bound recovery. It reminds me of what an old man once had asked me in train " Are you enjoying your age?" ...its a deep question to ponder upon...because this age that you are right now in..wont come back...perhaps my daughter will be all grown in a few years and i wont get this cuddly play time later...jobs will come and go, movies will come and go...but yes this age will never come back...
So on that note let me close on this restart hoping to start writing more often....

Leaving you with Jias growing up video : thanks to google.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Young Designer....finally

Singing my own tune

Reboot - Restart